Friday, August 13, 2010

Morning Fun With Dad

WARNING...this is a post about poop.  It's not a graphic post about poop.  No details regarding poop are discussed, but if simply discussing the subject of poop offends you, please check back tomorrow.

Now, for those of you still with us, which if we're being honest is probably everybody, because you know deep down that I had you hooked with that first sentence!

Since I have returned to work, our family has gotten into a somewhat comfortable routine in the mornings.  I get up early and get myself ready.  Then Niel gets ready while I get Sarah up and fed.  I end up leaving for work around 7:00 and Niel has Sarah until 8:00 when he takes her to daycare.  Recently, Sarah has added something else to the routine.  Her daily poop.  She is becoming quite the model of regularity lately and has designated the hour of 7:00am - 8:00am as her poop time.  For those of you following along at home, that is the hour that Niel has her to himself in the mornings.  (Insert my laughter here).

This all started about a week ago.  I had my keys in my hand about to walk out the door, Sarah was sitting in her bouncy seat and I walked over to kiss her goodbye.  I noticed she was making "the face".  The face that says, I'm working on something here, please give me some privacy and could you hand me that People magazine on your way out.  I yelled at Niel that Sarah was leaving him a present and left with a chuckle.

Fast forward a couple days and I leave for work.  About an hour later I get this text message from Niel that reads exactly this...."I kid you not, the minute I picked Sarah up to put her in her carseat she started to poop!  It wasn't a normal poop either.  It was HUGE.  HUGE!!!  Are you telling her to do this when you're not here?"  Why no, no I'm not.  The fact that she's doing it on her own makes it even more special.

Fast forward another day or two.  This time I didn't get 10 minutes into my drive and I get a text message saying...."SHE'S MAKING THE FACE."

This scene has repeated itself about 4-5 times over the past week.  In fact, it happened yesterday morning, except this time I didn't even make it out of the driveway.  I'm pulling out and Niel comes barreling out of the front door like a crazy person yelling, "She's doing it AGAIN, she making the face RIGHT NOW!!!"  I laughed uproariously, as did most of our neighbors probably.  Thirty minutes later, this text comes through..."Don't think I don't know you are putting her up to this!  It has to stop!"

This morning when I left, I gave Sarah a kiss and said, "Are you gonna poop on Daddy today?"  She looked up at me and flashed a big toothless grin as if to say she hadn't decided yet, but isn't it funny!  I love her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment